3 answers

Hi Phil. I read your post on riding a motorbike around Vietnam, freaked out and quickly attained my IDP the next day. In the interest of absolute clarity. I have a Canadian Motorcycle/Car license AND an International Driver Permit for Motorcycle/Car. Does this mean I can legally drive/ride in Vietnam? Thus I am covered by my World Nomad policy? I refer to your mention in the post of 1st October 2015 as the official date Vietnam began to recognize the IDP. Thank for your help! I leave in a day!

3 Answers

  • 0

    check the wording of your Canadian policy, call and ask for clarification if feel you need it, and this is NOT a binding statement (I'm not authorised to make one, nor licensed to give 'personal advice' - see how tricky this business is?), BUT as I understand it, as you state it, someone in those circumstances, generally, should be covered.
    As far as I can see, you're a licensed motorcycle rider with a valid license, and an IDP (really just a translation of your license).
    If you want to be doubly sure - ring the assistance line/call centre and ask.
    A workmate just got back from Vietnam and says the traffic is crazy - take care. almost 5 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    I need to know wich hospital can go in Hong Kong because i dont feel weel almost 5 years ago

  • 0

    Hi Juan,

    If you're not feeling well it's best to speak to one of our EA teams. You can check for the right number on this page; http://helpdesk.worldnomads.com.au/customer/en_au/portal/articles/1908667-who-to-call-for-help-in-an-emergency

    Just make sure to change the Country of Residence to the right one (the one I've linked is for Australian residents only).

    I've sent you an email with some more information to follow up on this reply. Otherwise I hope you feel better.

    Pearse - World Nomads almost 5 years ago

    Answered by Pearse via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Vietnam