1 answer

My boyfriend is an experienced motorcyclist (with a valid UK bike (and car) licence). We want to know if he can legally hire and ride a motorbike in Vietnam (with me as pillion passenger) without compromising our insurance.

Asked by Johanah via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

1 Answer

  • 0

    the latest advice from the UK FCO is that since Oct 1, 2015 Vietnam accepts the IDP (you also need your UK license).
    But, it's best to clarify your coverage with the underwriter of your WorldNomads policy, so give them a call. DO NOT ASSUME anything.
    While you're on the phone to them, clarify with them the policy wording that EXCLUDES motorcycle "touring". Explain to them what you intend to do motorcycle-wise in Vietnam, and check whether it's covered. You might have to change plans to remain covered.
    about 5 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Vietnam