2 Answers

  • 0

    The brits have good insurance you can buy if you're a member of British Mountaineering Council. Might be worth getting in touch with them and finding out if their is a similar cover for US residents. almost 10 years ago

    Answered by Alex via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Hi Robert

    Katrina from WorldNomads.com here. I hear the skiing in that part of the world is quite an adventure! The resorts are slowing being developed and are still primitive, so you probably should be prepared to be self sufficient or take a reputable guide. Consider travel insurance as a back up to help you stay safe on the road (if you get sick/injured while travelling in general), but in this case you may need specialist insurance (like offered by the BMC as Alex suggests), depending on what you're planning to do.

    With any insurance, do read the fine print. You may need to consider getting a policy with search and rescue cover, and one that will cover you for off piste or back country skiing. Not all travel insurance policies cover this, so do read your policy carefully, and ask the insurer if you're not sure what your covered for.

    In this part of India, you should also check your government advisory before you go, to make sure there are no travel warnings in place. If your government warns against travel there (and you go anyway and get into trouble), your travel insurance may not be able to help you.

    WorldNomads.com cover recreational skiing and snowboarding, as long as it's safe to go there. Our policies differ, depending on your country of residence. You can see what we cover here - http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/ski-and-snowboard-insurance.aspx

    Do get in touch with our Customer Services team - http://worldnomads.com/contactus.aspx if you've got detailed questions.

    Safe travels. almost 10 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Traver