1 answer

So I am planning a trip to Las Vegas for my Spring Break which is on the second week of March. I checked the price of the hotels and they are higher than I would want. Should I just go ahead and book a hotel room now or run the risk and wait to see if the prices will drop?

Asked by via Site_iconTravellr.com

1 Answer

  • 0

    Most likely the sooner you book, the better. Per our experience visiting at least twice per year for like 12 years now, prices will only go up as more events get scheduled.
    So, here's a tip for you to take advantage if there's a drop on rates between today and some days before your actual trip date.

    1) Book direct with the hotel you would like to stay (webpage). Regularly the hotel will charge your credit card for 1 night + tax.
    2) Continue to check for best rates/promos/discounts. If there's a price drop, book a new reservation with the new price.
    3) Request the hotel cancellation of your original reservation.

    Regularly, hotels will not update your original reservation to honor promo rates unless stated otherwise on their tiny little T's & C's... but you can always check availability and book a second reservation with the new price and request cancellation of your original reservation right after.

    Your deposit will be fully reimbursed back to your credit card. Do note there's a 7-10 day delay to see it applied.

    I have done this twice on MGM resorts and it worked perfectly ok but make sure you do read all T's & C's of your reservation before booking.

    Good luck and Viva Las Vegas! almost 4 years ago

    Answered by Laura via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Las Vegas