1 Answer

  • 0

    Hi Dave

    Kellie from World Nomads here. You may be able to buy a policy as an Australian permanent resident to cover you while in the UK but only if you are not living permanently in the UK.
    A condition of cover as an Australian is that if you’ve been living or intend to live permanently at the one residential address overseas for more than 2 years, or you don’t intend to return to Australia at any time, then you’re not able to buy this plan (but you can look at the UK plan as an option if this is the case).

    If living temporarily in the UK with the intention to return back to Australia, then you can buy insurance through us, even if you’ve already left Australia. As long as you’re an Australian citizen or resident, you can buy a policy online to cover any trips outside of Australia. Just be aware that when you buy our policy while already travelling, there is a 72 hour waiting period before the full cover on the policy kicks in (unless you’re unlucky enough to become seriously ill or suddenly injured in an accident and need emergency medical assistance during this time, there’s cover for that). The part about ‘When cover starts and ends’ in the How it Works section of the PDS will explain the details.

    If you have any specific insurance questions, please ask our service team directly who will be more than happy to help: https://www.worldnomads.com/contactus.aspx (we try to keep our Ask a Nomad service for general travel questions that our travel community can answer.) Best wishes Kellie almost 7 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of United Kingdom