4 answers

Hi we are moving to the UK in May to experience work and life there. We are first doing contiki tour, then will look for work and an apartment to live in. Any advise for our big move would be great.

4 Answers

  • 0

    Might be great if you could narrow down where you are going to be living and what kind of work you are hoping to get.

    For London, Earls Court and surrounding areas are traditionally those which have a high number of Australian and NZ people. Check out the gumtree for listings for house shares etc.

    Good luck. over 6 years ago

    Answered by Sam Richards via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Thanks Sam. I am a nurse - my background is occupational health. My friends background is business/international tourism /hotel manager. We don't mind where we live provided it isn't too expensive as obviously we would like to save our money for traveling. over 6 years ago

  • 0

    Can i get a microsim for my aussie bought iPhone 4 over there? over 6 years ago

  • 0

    My NZ friend did a lot of bank work - she was an RN and found she could get a job quite easily in London via an agency but it would depend on whether you have a work visa. If not, then you would be looking at under-the-counter work and this does not usually pay very well. You might find a private nurse job in something like The Lady and these can also be live in positions which would cut down on your costs.

    For staying somewhere, sharing is going to be your cheapest option especially in main cities.

    etc or check out the listings in local papers.

    http://www.lady.co.uk/ over 6 years ago

    Answered by Sam Richards via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of United Kingdom