3 answers

As we have Australian driving licences, do we need to get an international licence for the UK?

Asked by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

3 Answers

  • 0

    As long as you are over 21 or have been driving for over 3 years you'll be fine :)
    Have fun exploring here!!! about 8 years ago

    Answered by Sarah D via Site_iconTripping
  • 0

    "If you are the holder of an ordinary driving licence or a valid international driving permit, you can drive any category of small vehicle shown on your licence. You will be able to drive for up to 12 months from the time you became a resident.

    To ensure continuous driving entitlement a provisional GB licence must have been obtained and a driving test(s) passed before the 12-month period elapses."

    - Source - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/DrivingInGbOnAForeignLicence/DG_4022561.

    Sarah might be referring to a US resident, but best to go off the government sites for confirmation. about 8 years ago

  • 0

    No Problem at all, I frequently visit the UK and Rent Cars on my Australian License without any problems.

    I use www.Economycarrentals.com you will find they are reasonable price wise and include all extras and excess charges. Be warned though the hire companies will still try to sell you extra insurance which you will not necessarily need. Have a good Trip! about 8 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Greater London