1 answer

I work on a yacht with my Australian husband and we are going to the US and Mexico on holiday. If we have a bad accident we want our travel insurance to repatriate to our respective countries. However we are non residents. What do we do??

1 Answer

  • +1

    Hello Jenifer,

    Katrina from WorldNomads.com here.

    If you want to be repatriated to your respective countries, I assume you mean your country of citizenship?

    So if you are a UK citizen and your husband is an Australian citizen then, if you choose one of our plans, there no specific need to be a resident of that country at the time you buy the policy or when you travel. If it's medically required that you need to be repatriated, the insurer will want to send you back to the country where you'll have access to long term medical care (not reciprocal health) and unrestricted right of entry into that country.

    You can buy while travelling online - you just have to buy 2 separate policies and create 2 memberships.

    Each plan will have specific terms and conditions, limits and exclusions, so please do read the policy wording carefully to make sure the plan you choose if right for each of you.

    If you have specific questions about your policy, please contact our customer service team: http://worldnomads.com/contactus.aspx

    Safe sailing! almost 8 years ago

    • Brilliant, thanks! jeniferlou almost 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Turkey