I'll be visiting Chiang Mai for 4 days for the first time in mid November. What are the places I should visit, things to do and places to eat? It's my girlfriend's birthday and I want to make it memorable. I'll be renting a car so driving around is no problem.
I was in Chiang Mai recently. I stayed at a really nice place called Dash in the old city. Below is the link to their website. The food there was just awesome. The owner and cook is a super duper nice Thai lady, who had lived in the US for the last 30 years I think. She also gives cooking classes. I can assure you that you won't regret going there.
Hope this helps :) about 9 years ago
We're very excited about making the most of your travel time with show stopping live entertainment at The Playhouse Theatre seven days a week. Top of the places to go, we proudly present extravagant cabaret performances and electrifying live Jazz. With Christmas near get swept up in the excitement with one of the most famous classical ballets of all time, The Nutcracker. Showing from the 18th to the 20th of December at 8 pm. Tickets for the 18th showing have already sold out but we welcome you on the remaining dates.
Ticket office 053-410-617
http://www.playhouse-chiangmai.com/ about 9 years ago
You can visit the following;
1. Flight of the Gibbon - a 2km tree top zip line ride
2. Tiger Kingdom - just minutes from Chiang Mai town
3. On Sen Spa & Hot Springs Resort - and treat your girlfriend here - a hot mineral waters from deep underground :)
4.10 Steps of the Mae Sa Waterfalls -
5. Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep
6. Mae Rim Hill Tribe Village
7. Watchiratan Waterfall/Mae Wang Waterfall
8. Traditional Khantoke Dinner and Show
9. Borsang Fishing Park
10. Also you can do Bungy Jumping, Go-Karting, Off Road Buggies :), and play paintball.
Read Chiangmai guides at http://www.thailandholidayhomes.co.uk/ about 9 years ago