2 answers

If I can't ride a motorcycle with a uk learners licence will I be able to get a local tourist licence?

Asked by Tom via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

2 Answers

  • 0

    You dont need any kind of licence. Just id - passport over 4 years ago

    Answered by Luke Hollis via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    By law, you need an international driver's license to ride one. Most rental shops will rent you one without anything but a passport. You will be unlawful and thus uninsured by either your medical travel insurance or by the Thai insurance program.

    So you are at the whim of the police and anyone who hits you or you hit.

    If you can not get a proper international driver's license back home maybe not the best idea to learn to ride in Thailand. Shown by fatality and accident rates of British tourists riding them

    You are allowed to get a Thai driver's license but is a but of paperwork. over 4 years ago

    Answered by Simon via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Thailand