2 answers

I will be going to South East Asia in March, and I have been told that I need an onward flight ticket to get my Thai visa. Is that right? I am also going to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam and was wondering the same thing.
I am planning on leaving Thailand by BUS, and not by plane. Would a bus ticket be accepted for proof of departure?
I also have a flight ticket for Japan to New York in June, could that be enough, even though the date is much later?

Thank you for your help and advice!

Asked by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

2 Answers

  • 0

    They're looking for evidence that you intend to leave, that you are a genuine visitor and not intending to stay indefinitely (that's called migration). A bus ticket should be okay. Especially with the other proof that you intend going somewhere else.
    Read our Thailand travel tips yet?
    Phil at the safety hub almost 7 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    I have never had to provide any such evidence before. They'll just stamp your passport and send you on your way! over 6 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Thailand