6 answers

Travel Insurance

almost 12 years ago about Thailand

I'm heading to Thailand for the next 6 months. Have a triple entry visa. One of these I intend to use to return to the UK for a friends wedding. Does anyone know of any specific Backpacker / Long Term Travel Insurance provider that will allow me to come back for a visit without invalidating the rest of my policy. If not it looks like I'm going to have to get 2 lots!

Asked by Marcus via Site_iconTravellr.com

6 Answers

  • 0

    I have a 12 month annual multi trip insurance that I booked with Qantas (underwritten by QBE). It insures me for trips of up to 60 days for the whole year. You could check with your airline and perhaps it's cheaper to get a year of insurance rather than 2 lots! almost 12 years ago

    Answered by Ian C via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • +1

    World Nomads travel insurance, which is only available on the web, is worth looking into.
    When I was backpacking Europe for a few months they had the best coverage and price, at the time.
    http://www.worldnomads.com/ almost 12 years ago

    Answered by Catharina Stam via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • +1

    We have used World Nomads which was inexpensive due to its exclusions that do suit longer term travellers.
    Long term insurance seems to be a problem if you return home. The multi trip Q ones and others don't let youu stay away for long periods. I couln't find any that let you come home and then continue.
    However, World Nomads does let you extend on-line. You just keep extending until you come home and then start again! almost 12 years ago

    Answered by Greg Curtis via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Thanks Tas,

    I ended up with a company called Flexicover.com who allow trips up to 100 days on an Annual Worldwide Multi Trip policy, think the max is 183 days per year which is the only downside I can see. almost 12 years ago

    Answered by Marcus via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Unfortunately i do not think you will find anything suitable for your exact needs, when you return to your place of "residence" the policy is over regardless of any time left.
    There are many travel insurance providers around but it comes down to the fine print and value for money. I really like the ability to extend on the "fly" and with Nomads its a great feature. You will just need several policies for your travels. But i would still go with Nomads. Thailand is very very expensive for good medical care if you need some, so get covered and if you need Thai accommodation try www.ihotelthai.com for some deals. over 9 years ago

    Answered by Tina Moore via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Check http://www.globelink.co.uk . Their annual multi-trip policy covers trips up to 120 days, i.e. each trip overseas could last up to 4 months. Will it work for you? over 8 years ago

    Answered by Lime via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of Thailand