1 answer

In Chiang Mai, and my wife may have food poisoning. Recommendations for hospitals in Chiang Mai? Firsthand experience would be great, I've already looked up the names of big ones on Google.

Also, what documentation do I need for a claim through WNs? Anything extra other than receipts and proof of treatment from the hospital?

1 Answer

  • +1

    Hello Matthew - Katrina from WorldNomads.com here.

    So sorry to hear your wife is unwell.

    I have sent you an email with the details of your insurer and their 24/7 assistance line. Please talk to the specialists in the assistance team as they will be able to advise the nearest, most appropriate medical facility to go to.

    You can also check the assistance numbers here for our insurers (which are different, based on your country of residence): http://www.worldnomads.com/emergencyassistance.aspx

    I have also included in the email the contact details of your insurer's claims team. They will be able to advise you exactly the documents you need to submit with your claim. You will need to keep the copies of any bills and medical reports - get as much as you can in writing as this will assist with your claim.

    You can claim online through your World Nomads membership here: http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/claims-and-emergencies.aspx

    For others reading this: We work with a number of different insurers around the world who have world class teams to assist you when you need it most. Our community here in Ask A Nomad will be able to answer general travel questions, so please ask specific questions of your insurer if you need medical or other emergency assistance while travelling. The numbers are always listed on your policy documents.

    Matthew, I do hope your wife gets well soon and you can both continue to enjoy many of Thailand's local delicacies.

    Safe travels,
    Katrina almost 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Chiang Mai