Here's a list of things I would recommend while you are in Korea. Feel free to ask for more details or other suggestions. It will be pretty hot and humid throughout all of July and August so make sure you're ready for it.
Sightseeing in Seoul
1. Gyeongbok Palace & National Folk Museum
2. Changdeok Palace & Secret Garden
3. Bongwong-Sa Temple
4. Namsam Tower
5. DMZ/JSA Tour through the USO
Hiking in Seoul
1. Bukhansan National Park
2. Bugaksan & Seoul Fortress Wall
Shopping in Seoul
1. Insadong - traditional area of Seoul with lots of artists and handmade crafts
2. Namdaemun - huge traditional market with all kinds of souvenirs
3. Dongdaemun - another huge market and the best place to go for clothes
I would also recommend you check out this website to get more ideas: http://www.time.com/time/travel/cityguide/article/0,31489,1848378_1848364_1848059,00.html
If you like KPop be sure to visit: http://www.eatyourkimchi.com They are the authority on KPop and current Korean culture.
Have fun! over 8 years ago
I was born in Seoul and HIGHLY recommend a day trip to DMZ towards north!! I think this is a MUST for ANY tourists in Korea.
Also recommend a hiking at Buk han san and Do bong san.
You'll get a great view of Seoul from the top (about 800m) and get some fresh air.
pk from Italy about 8 years ago
Have been looking at Seoul as a next destination and saw this article today which might provide some extra ideas - Five Free Things To Do in Seoul, South Korea - http://ht.ly/65d0y (from http://artofbackpacking.com).
Have a great time ! about 8 years ago