3 answers

I've been having this question on my mind for sometime now. because if I visit Korea for the first time like if you want to go shopping or restaurant or a hotel can you pay with American money or do you have to go somewhere to get Korean money?

Asked by Nicole .J via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

3 Answers

  • 0

    In most places you have to exchange your dollars to Korean Won.
    If you have a worldwide credit card like visa or master, they will also take that. about 6 years ago

    Answered by Boram via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Get local currency at an ATM. Problem solved! about 6 years ago

  • 0

    Places like the military base you can but, most Koreans prefer you to pay them in Won(Korean currency). It's best you go to an exchange place and trade USA Dollars for won. However when you go back to the United States and trade your won back in, then you loose money. With that being said be wise of how much money you exchange. You can use your master card or visa but the exchange rate changes everyday so you loose out on money. You're cheated somewhat when you use a master card, visa etc. about 6 years ago

    Answered by Lee via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of South Korea