6 Answers

  • 0

    This is not a stupid question:) I have very similar problem. I live in Wales, UK for over 5 years now. I'm Polish. So I'm not sure is my residence country is Poland or United Kingdom... Hmmm, hope to find an answer very soon:) over 8 years ago

    Answered by fikka via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
    • @Fikka, if you choose to buy travel insurance with WorldNomads.com, you can buy it as a UK resident as long as you're in the UK when you buy it, with a permanent address & access to long term medical care (the insurance doesn't cover you while at home). Safe travels, Katrina WorldNomads.com Katrina Greeves over 8 years ago
  • 0

    I think Britain because you're British over 8 years ago

  • 0

    Hi Guys, Sarah from World Nomads here.

    As a general rule, your country of permanent residence is where you are a citizen or where you have a permanent residency visa.

    Your country of permanent residence can be defined as the country you would wish to be repatriated to in the event of a medical emergency and where you would receive long term medical care, if required. This should also be the country where you are legally defined as a permanent resident (not temporary).
    You must have unlimited and unconditional right of entry.
    Please be aware, however, that your policy does not cover expenses incurred within one's country of permanent residence.

    If you are outside of your country of permanent residence when purchasing insurance there are some additional qualifying factors depending on where you are from. If you are unsure, please contact the World Nomads customer service department via the contact page and we can advise you further.
    Happy Travels! over 8 years ago

    Answered by Sarah T via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Hi there, Yael from WorldNomads.com here!

    In deciding whether to select South Korea of Britain you should choose the country of residence where you have access to permanent medical care and where you'd be repatriated to if necessary. You must also be legally defined as a permanent resident (not temporary) of that country and have a residential address that you can refer to within that country.

    You can review who can buy the insurance within the terms and conditions or full description of cover (policy wording) - each one is different and you can review this here: http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/prices-and-benefits.aspx

    In general, if you are a permanent resident or citizen of a country, then you can buy our insurance, even if you are travelling in another country.

    If you have further questions please feel free to send through an email to our customer service team:

    Happy travels! over 8 years ago

    Answered by Yael Gaffney via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Not a stupid question at all.

    If you've been living and/or working in Korea for the past 3 years with a proper document such as Employment Pass or Work Permit or PR status, then your Country of Residence should be Korea. You're legally a resident there with a recognized/approved status/document. Korea is where you currently reside, spend most of the year in and to be repatriated to in the event of emergency and/or medical assistance. Since you live there, you should/must have a residential address, thus in this case, it should be Korea. over 8 years ago

  • 0

    ... thus in this case, it should be Korea. over 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of South Korea