2 answers

As Portugal is a schengen country and I am Australian, I can spend 3 months in Portugal without having any visa. I am wanting to move to Portugal in July and I need to figure out the steps to get a visa to stay longer than 3 months. Do I need a company to sponsor me or is there a decent chance I will be accepted because I will have a degree and experience in my field? Do I have to apply in a Portuguese consulate/embassy in Australia or can I do it somewhere else like the UK or something?

2 Answers

  • +1

    I don't know how you can get a visa to stay in Portugal longer than 3 months. Even after have search in the internet I wasn´t able to find any useful information. Perhaps, I send you the Portuguese Consulate contacts of Melbourne.

    Dr. Carlos Lemos
    Cônsul - Honorário de Portugal
    846 Toorak Road
    Tel: (613) 9822 7140
    Fax: (613) 9822 7379
    Email: portcon@mira.net

    If you need help for something else, just ask.

    I hope you enjoy Portugal.

    Miguel over 11 years ago

    Answered by Miguel via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Well I just got engaged to a Portuguese girl so that may help my situation.

    I sent an email to the consulate to ask what visa things I need to do before I go over to Lisboa to marry her. over 11 years ago

    Answered by Nicholas Roberts via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of Portugal