Best Krakow Guide/App: http://www.local-life.com/krakow
- this had all the great spots: little cafe's tourist attractions etc. I downloaded the app and found myself getting around no problem.
This is a MUST DO. I've been twice on each visit to Krakow, the tour is so good.
Whilst tongue in cheek, the education regarding the post-war/Stalinist era is very interesting. They literally pick you up from your hotel in a Communist Era Trabant car made of plastic. I would opt for the "Communism Deluxe" tour.
I found some great accommodation in Kazimierz, it's bars and panini style sandwiches in the centre are a really great atmosphere. Great cosy little place.
- great poster shop, showing original posters and also Polish interpretations of western classics. This was a very interesting shop.
Krakow Main Square
- beautiful in Winter, the only time i've ever been there.
Wieliczka Salt Mines
- absolutely incredible salt sculptures. Must see.
- Nuff said. There is also one of the "7 stones of Shiva" in one of the chambers:
Home Army Museum
Sadly, this wasn't in the tourist brochures or even had English exhibits, I persisted in finding it. A good testament to the Polish resistance to Nazi & Communist Occupation, which was one of the largest underground forces in Europe:
Hope this helps. I really enjoyed Krakow. There is also nearby Auschwitz/Shindler tours which you will see a lot of tauts for. Hard choices for 2 days. almost 5 years ago