5 answers

How much would 6 days of a jeep rental be? I wanted to drive from Manila to some nice beaches...

Is a European drivers license enough?

Thanks in advance!!

5 Answers

  • 0

    you'll need an International Drivers Permit. you can get one from your home country motoring association (such as Britain's AA). carry that AND your regular license with you. almost 8 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Thanks Phil.
    Darn, I knew I shouldn't have left without an international drivers permit... No driving for me. almost 8 years ago

  • 0

    philippine roads are complicated and messy you might easily get lost especially if you are not familiar with were you would want to go. getting a cab would save you a lot of headache also its not that expensive. driving a rented jeepney is also very hard since the steering wheel are not your typical type since most of them are not power steering, so turning them would be a hard task also the weather here is hot and jeepneys dont have airconditioning built in them. almost 8 years ago

  • 0

    Jeepneys are not the common type of vehicle rented from rent-a-car's. If you want to ride one, you can easilly hail one. We now have electronic jeepneys that have airconditioning. almost 8 years ago

  • 0

    I am a Filipina and I don't advice renting nor driving on your own in the Philippines. Hiring a driver with his taxi is easier, practical, cheaper and worry-less. It doesn't pay to have headaches on your holidays.Also be cautious with hiring a taxi with his taxi, you must have an early clear agreement, if possible make a simple contract and have it signed by the driver himself, like that, there's no after trip misunderstanding. Some drivers are nice, helpful and can communicate in basic English. Treat him well, feed him and have a little jokes with him and he will bring you to wherever you may like to visit....but be firm and clear, correct and kind, and all is well Hope my reply may help you in your decision...try to check the car's tires, the car's air-condition and the driver's attitude for a pleasant trip. Anything more I can do to make your travel in my country successful, you may email me....Have a nice day! Lis ( lismanuel@aol.com ) almost 8 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Philippines