3 answers

if i cannot extend the visa of my child and he over stay for a weeks what is the punishment?

3 Answers

  • 0

    ineedyou_tonight213, the 21 day limit is for visa-free entry (and applies to Japanese passport holders). If you want to stay for longer you must apply for a visa through Philippine government consular services. The usual length of one of those visas is 60 days. It will take a few days to arrange, so make sure you do it early. With one of those visas there'll be no need to deliberately overstay.
    Here's the official government foreign affairs website:
    Phil from the safety hub over 7 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    I agree. Don't wait to be punished, if you are planning to stay longer than 21 days, make sure to apply for the necessary visa :) over 7 years ago

    Answered by TheVillaGuide via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    I know this is a bit of a late reply but may help people with a similar situation/those who want to stay in the Philippines for more than 60 days after securing a tourist visa at their consulate:

    -Extending your visa in the Philippines is also very doable. It does require you to hop down to immigration (start early so you can leave early!) and pay the necessary fees. Visa's can be extended several times for up to a year and a half on a tourist visa, before you are required to leave and re-enter should you wish.

    -For Balikbayans, its a slightly different scenario (Couples/Family travelling with a Filipino can be stamped in as a Balikbayan, its mostly up to the discretion of the immigration officer). ineedyou_tonight213 could travel with their child, and the child enter the Philippines on a Balikbayan visa, which is valid for a year before needing to extend the visa. Once you start renewing your visa, you automatically move on to a tourist visa meaning you can go renew your visa, several times up to a year and a half before you must leave the country. Upon re-entry you can enter once more on the Balikbayan.

    -If you find that you have "accidentally" overstayed, it is probably better to visit one of the many immigration offices to sort out your debts etc before leaving the country.

    -With a long term stay in the Philippines, some of you may find that you will need an ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration)..which will come in handy if you want a phone plan etc. For the most part, that is a day affair and a visit to immigration.

    Also, useful tip: Gents that may need to visit immigration..wear pants, rocking up in shorts will only result in you being sent away to find a pair of pants. ;) over 7 years ago

    Answered by N via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Philippines