3 answers

I am travelling to Guam and Taiwan etc. in the next day or two.

Asked by angela via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

3 Answers

  • 0

    Yes, for links to the main advisories sites in English, issued by the relevant governments, see:

    http://www.top-travel-tips.com/travel-advisories.html about 9 years ago

    Answered by Asa Gislason via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Angela, your own government will have advice on countries around Japan.
    If you're Australian go to www.smartraveller.gov.au
    If you're British go to http://www.fco.gov.uk/
    Americans go to http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_4965.html
    Each of these sites has an alphabetical list of destinations.
    But can I assume you're worried about radioactive fallout drifting over your destinations?
    Japanese officials are saying (if they're to be believed) that any radiation exceeding harmful to human levels would be confined to an area approximately 30kms from the plant. Let's assume they're wrong by a factor of 10, that's still only 300 kms - really bad news for millions in Japan, but not a huge threat to other countries.
    Taipei is over 2000 kms south south west, Guam is 2500 kms south south east.
    Some US warships which were off the coast of Japan helping with the rescue effort received a month's worth of radiation in an hour, but they were reasonably close to shore (I'm assuming less than 50 kms because they were flying choppers into Sendai area.).
    The World health Organisation says there's been NO SIGNIFICANT international spread of radiation and have scotched rumours that a radioactive cloud has reached China.
    Hope that helps.
    Phil about 9 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    you can use tripadvisor as well, it's very helpfull. over 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Japan