1. I'll be staying in Kanagawa, Tokyo. Do the people there speak some English?
2. What is the emergency number to call in Japan?
3. Can i use my phone over there? I've a Nokia 5300 & I've international roaming service.
4. I'll be doing some sightseeing around/in Tokyo. What's the best way to travel around Tokyo? On average, how much are the fares?
1. Not a lot, you'll struggle with just English, so why not download the worldnomads.com language guide?
2. 110 for police but there's an English language service (03) 5774 0992
3. Global roaming will work, but it can be expensive. Try using only Wi-Fi. Usually I'd say get a cheap prepaid pack, but prepaid is not available to non-residents, but you can RENT a SIM, not quite as cheap but still probably better than roaming charges. The two main operators are Softbank and Global Advanced Communications.
4. Tokyo has extensive train, subway and bus networks. here's a website with a good guide: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
An all day train ticket is about 1500 Yen. about 6 years ago