1 answer

I am considering doing a season in Italy end of the year. I want to know who to speak to/how to go about working and living as an Australian at the snow.

1 Answer

  • +1


    Basically you have to apply to your local consulate in Melbourne for a working holiday visa.

    Then when you enter Italy you have 8 days to go to the Questura (one of the police forces in Italy) and apply for your Permesso di Soggiorno (basically "permission to stay") - this will take a while, I never got mine and I was there for 12 months! ... you only need to keep the receipt from the Questura and you will be fine

    Then you can find a job and the employer has to apply for a work permit for you.

    I was in Bolzano which is in one of the valleys in the mountains. Absolutely beautiful place. I know a few people if you need somewhere to stay ;)
    If you do go there. Pop into Temple Bar and say hello to Steve and Tanya and grab a Guiness while you are there. :) over 11 years ago

    Answered by Nicholas Roberts via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of Italy