2 answers

I am a Brasilian (i.e. not EU citizen) who is going to Italy for 1 year to study.
To apply for my visa I need to show proof of where I am living, I would prefer living outside of any Uni accommodation and wonder what I can do.

Anyone know?

Asked by Kurt Cada via Site_iconTravellr.com

2 Answers

  • +1

    For non-EU citizens you will have a pretty short amount of time (maybe 5 working days, I do not remember exactly, and it might have changed since 2007) to organise accommodation before you are required to apply for your student visa at your local Carabinieri or whichever police division it is.

    Usually Universities are pretty willing to help you find private accommodation if you want it rather than a college. about 10 years ago

    Answered by Nicholas Roberts via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Usually your university will write a letter claiming they will assist you with housing (even if they don't). Universities understand this requirement and will help you provide the right documentation for the visa process. Just ask them! about 10 years ago

    Answered by Suzanne via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Italy