My friends want to travel and want to know about accommodation in cheap rate in Italy. Who have any idea or advice of accommodation in Italy? And you can suggest about the lovely place in Italy for my friends.
Hi, if you search for a cheap accommodation in Italy you can choose among hostels and apartments. The best way is if you travel with a group of friends, let's say the min price for a good apartment is around 20€ per person (if there are 4 of you). If you are a couple I suggest you the hostels. Consider that the more you want to stay in central position of the center of an italian city, the more you spend.
In Rome you should choose to stay in the center because public transport is terrible
Milan has a very good underground so everywhere is fine
If I were you I would choose a place to visit Northern Italy and another one to visit the center. Two cities that allow you to visit everything by train are Florence and Verona, they are both beautiful and they have good connections by train with Siena, Livorn, Pisa and tuscany in general (florence) and Venice, Mantua, Bologna, Trento, Lake Garda, Treviso, Padua and Vicenza (Verona). By train you need just one hour from those cities to visit other ones.
In the southern part I am not an expert, but I love Sicily and its sea.
If you need a help for the single cities I know a lot of places for accommodation. about 6 years ago
Places to go? Wow, if you've never been there is rather a lot to do! Here are some gems:
- got to go to Venice for a few days, particularly in say September or October
- hire a Vespa and take a tour around some of the lesser known villages in Tuscany.
- got to wander around Sienna and arrive unexpectedly in the main Piazza
- San Gimignano is packed with tourists during the day, but if you arrive late afternoon and stay just wait until all the coaches are gone ... Magical
- south of Naploi is the Amalfi coast: Amalfi town is very touristy but wander on up to Ravello for spectacular views, great food and amazing hotels. The island of Capri for a day is fun too.
And while Rome is of course packed full of sights and tourists ... They are all justifiably there for a reason. An amazing city worth every day you can spare! about 6 years ago