3 answers

I travel thanks to a Youth In the Move programme. Ill be in one of the jerusalem universities. Just wonder what to do as an European in ISreal/Palestina in case of an emergency, I would like to notify mu Embasy but so far no succes :) thanks!

3 Answers

  • +1

    If you can why not visit the consulate in east jerusalem and register your presence. The address is: Sheikh Jarrah Quarter, 5 Hativat Har’el Street.
    The Israeli Ministry of Home Defence has information on what to do in the event of an attack. Your University should also have a defence plan. Contact both of them to get instructions on what to do. Also ask Youth In Move organisers what their plans are.
    I believe the Ministry s handing out gas masks from depots in Jerusalem, you should go and get one of them.
    The best thing to do in the event of a gas/chemical attack is to wear a gas mask and stay inside a sealed room. You should have supplies of water and non-perishable food on hand to last a day or two. (two litres of water per day per person and a few tins of baked beans or packets of noodles).
    Phil at the safety hub. over 7 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Dear Phil,

    Thanks a lot for the information regarding the Spanish Consulate! I apreciate it.

    Can I ask you if there is an emergency number "911" or " 112" or similar for Israel, and also, is there any public places to go to in case of Emergency. Would you think that Israel will close boundaries and a case like this, no idea...

    Excuse my ingorance :(

    Elisabet Adeva over 7 years ago

  • 0

    101 is the number over 7 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Jerusalem