3 answers


I want to travel to Iran and live in Australia. I am struggling to obtain a tourist visa from the Iranian embassy in Australia. In your opinion, what is the next best option?

I do not have the 'reference number' and am struggling to find where to get one. I am travelling alone so any advice on how to do this, would be appreciated.


Asked by xylia via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

3 Answers

  • 0

    I believe you can get a 2 week visa-on-arrival at the major airports. 50Euros.
    Anyone else have info to confirm this?
    If you have any evidence of travel to israel (or say you've been there) you will be refused entry.
    Phil at the safety hub about 8 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Wrong answer, you have to get a visa from Iranian Embassy the website is
    i talked to some 1 from australia 1 month ago, he said, it will take 3 weeks for the visa and 500 $ fee (expensive). almost 8 years ago

    Answered by hassan via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    I just received my visa for travel to Iran. I had to go through a tour agency in Shiraz ( key to Persia ). They get authorisation from Iranian govt. they sent authorisation number to me. I filled out application form from Iranian embassy website. Send completed form, evidence of travel insurance, passport, money order and two passport photos ( hair covered for woman) by registered post to Iranian embassy. Received visa back inside a week. Iranian end took about three weeks. Also the visa is for 3 months but ends i middle of my trip which embassy and Iranian travel agency tell me is normal. Important thing is to have visa that covers your entry date. I will then be issued with 15 day permit on arrival. Iran authorisation cost about 35 euro ( which I will pay In cash when I get there). Visa wax about 120aud. Check the Iranian baddy website and the key to Persia website fir more info. Google them. almost 8 years ago

    Answered by Bindi via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Iran