I am planning a trip to darjeeling and sikkim in Jan'11. Would like to know the itineary to follow. I intend to visit remote places.
1. I am planning to visit Darjeeling first.
2. Go to Yuksom. Stay for a day in Yuksom. Visit Khecheolpari Lake.
3. Pelling. Stay for a day.
4. Gangtok. Visit Nathu La and other tourist points.
5. Yumthang Valley including Lachung, Lachen, Gundosomar Lake, etc.
6. Back to Gangtok and then to New Jalpaiguri.
Is this itineary possible in Jan'2011.
Which other place should I visit while travelling in these areas.
Or the places which I should not miss at all.
Does anyone have the idea of hotels/lodges/dormitories available in all above places.
Lastly I am travelling alone so I am on a budget travel.
Thanks & Regards.
Hi guy, nice to meet you all after such a long time. After lots of discussions, we have finally decided to cut North Sikkim from our plan since it will be very cold in February. Instead we want to go to Darjeeling, West Pelling and South Namchi Sikkim and then Gangtok.And we have even extended our days of the tour. We are going for 9 days/8 nights. over 5 years ago