We are planning to be in India for four weeks in November. We will be in Mumbai a week. How should spend our other three weeks?
How to spend three weeks
As an indian, I can tell you four weeks isnt enough to take in the cultural, culinary and landscape diversity of India. But november is a good time to be around the coast and plains. So heres my suggestions, you pick:
1. Kerala - kush green backwaters, beaches, waterfalls, spice gardens and wildlufe sanctuaries 6-10 days
2. Rajasthan - explore Jaisalmer for a living fort city, shifting sand dunes campong under the stars, Jodhpur for mehrangarh fort, Udaipur for make palace and amazing food and dancing, Rajasthan is indias royal heritage - 6-8 days
3. Goa - Indias beach party venue - head to palolem patnem or ashwem beaches for sun, sand and seafood - 5 days. Gokarna a more secluded beach is about 4 hours away.
4. Hampi - boulder landscape and rock fortress ruins along a river - 3 days
5. If you make it back in the summer, be sure to catch Manali and Ladakh, really spectacular once in a lifetime experience. about 4 years ago