Planning a trip to Iceland in August. I love local art and my husband loves to golf. Any special suggestions? We will have a car.
Trip from NJ to Iceland....
Hi Lisa, I'd like to suggest you some good destinations in Iceland, Check out below details, might be help you to prepare complete tour itinerary:]
1) Hallgrimskirkja - Reykjavík , triking and controversial church.
2) The Pearl : offers a 360 degree view of the city.
3) Glaciers/ Geysers/ Waterfalls
4) Blue lagoon: Recently nominated one of the wonders of the world. The Blue Lagoon is located only 20 minuets from Keflavík airport. It is known for it´s healing powers, it has worked wonders on people with psoriasis and other skin related deceases.
5) Golden Circle Tour it is quite wonderful - especially with your own wheels so you can do it at your own speed and also stop at other place
The golden circle consists of PINGVELLIR NATIONAL PARK, GULFOSS and GEYSIR.
6) Whale Watching
7) National Museum of Iceland :The National Museum conserves a varied selection of relics that testify to the cultural history of the Icelandic nation.
8) Whale and Puffin Watching
Enjoy Your Trip.
Arnar about 7 years ago