1 answer

Working Holiday Visa for Germany

almost 6 years ago about Germany

I want to apply for the Working Holiday Program in Germany (I travel on a NZ passport), and I have a few questions.

1) I am currently living in Russia. Is it possible to apply from ANY German Embassy? e.g the one in Moscow?
2) Do sufficient funds include credit cards? Or only savings etc?
3) Can I apply if I only have a one way ticket?
4) Can I use travel insurance e.g. World Nomads travel insurance or does it have to be from a German provider? What is the best option?

Thanks in advance for any information!!!

1 Answer

  • 0

    1) Yes (though check with the embasy you are looking at applying through, I am no expert).
    2) No, I have heard of people who took out overdrafts and transferred the overdraft amount to another account and showed the balance of that account and were able to get the visa, though it says credit cards will not be accepted.
    3) Yes, if you show evidence of sufficient funds for a return ticket.
    4) Check with the embasy first, I heard of people using world Nomads but I heard of other people being denied the visa without more comprehensive insurance because of some of the exclusions... (I'm going through the process of applying for the same visa now and am having a headache finding comprehensive and cheap insurance).
    Check the forums on www.toytowngermany.com, they have a lot of good info which has helped me, and the Wellington German Embassy has an info sheet on what's required for the visa: http://www.wellington.diplo.de/Vertretung/wellington/en/04/Working_20Holiday_20and_20Visa_20Requirements/National-Visas-seite.html almost 6 years ago

    Answered by Jesse via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Germany