Can someone tell me some suggestions of which cultural and architectural heritages should I visit in the region of Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur?
Oh my, there are soo many of them !
- roman and medieval architecture in Arles (amphitheater, entrance porch of St. Trophime church), but also do not miss an amazing 17th century vault in the Town Hall...
- if you like fortresses, there's the fortified château of Tarascon
- how about archeology ? a bit outside of St. Rémy de Provence, you may find a very interesting excavation site: Glanum (greek and roman heritage mixed with the local culture)
- in Vaison la Romaine you find plenty of roman heritage again, but also a very beautiful romanesque cathedral
- Marseille is not only a big modern port and town, there are also quite a lot of historical monuments to visit: from the most ancient church St. Victor (5th century) on to architecture of the 20th and 21st centuries (the famous Cité Radieuse by the also very famous architect Le Corbusier or a glass tower built just very recently by Zaha Hadid)
- the town of Aix-en-Provence is a great choice if you're looking for 17th and 18th century mansions
.... over 6 years agoAnswered by @pro_vence via WorldNomads.com