3 answers

My daughter has been studying French at Uni and wants to improve her French language skills with an immersion experience over 2-3 months later this year. Does anyone have suggested ways of doing this without needing a work visa or having to enrol in an expensive language course.

Asked by Sue Roberts via Site_iconTravellr.com

3 Answers

  • +1

    she should defenetly do a student exchange semester. during that time live and study with french people.

    i did that last year but for 10 month and it has helped me a lot to improve my french.
    well, but i'm from germany and about the visa regulations i have no idea. but usually within the exchange program things like visa and scholarchip is included. she schould get informations about exchange programs at her university. over 11 years ago

    Answered by Maike Schmidt via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • +2

    One option is for your daughter to obtain an Au pair visa for France. It is specifically for young people wanting to stay with a family and learn french. They help out around the house and with the children for free rent and some meals, some pay a weekly allowance. French Embassy Australia if the link below doesn't work. I know it means getting a visa but it is a very worthwhile experience. Good luck!
    http://www.ambafrance-au.org/france_australie/spip.php?article1106 over 11 years ago

    Answered by Danielle Burnie via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Has your daughter ever thought about meeting French travelers? She can use Tripping to meet travelers for coffee and she can even opt to host them, if she wants to be more immersed in the language. She can also use Tripping to meet locals and arrange homestays in France. Tripping is free and its mission is to make the world better through cultural exchange - https://www.tripping.com

    Bon chance! about 9 years ago

    Answered by Jen O via Site_iconTripping

Answer this question

Map of France