4 answers

Heard that due to festive celebration events (60th Anniversay of the Liberation of Tibet) that no international travellers permit will be issued in March to May 2011. Has any tour operator successfully obtain a permit during this time?

Asked by Clara Koo via Site_iconTravellr.com

4 Answers

  • +1

    I noticed the bad news, but I see a website has an important message, they can apply for Tibet travel permit.

    "Good News: Official: Tibet to reopen to foreign tourists April 1, 2011 ." from traveltibetguide.com, Good luck. almost 9 years ago

    Answered by Space Mell via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    I also heard the 60th anniversary celebration has been moved to July so it may now be a possibility of getting a permit for May 2011 travel into Tibet. Just keep in close communication with your tour operator about the status. almost 9 years ago

    Answered by Peter via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Thanks for the reply. I do enquire about the same info at China Travel Service (HK) Ltd http://www.ctshk.com/english/index.htm as a group tour member last weekend (Apr 8, 2011). They didn't mention a problem with tourist permit in May 20 onwwards as a group and we are Canadian Passport holders. The only problem is that they need to gather a group before they can book hotel and transportation in Tibet - Lhasa almost 9 years ago

    Answered by Clara Koo via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    CTS is usually quite bad about giving out information about Tibet, a lot of info mentioned by them is wrong. over 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Tibet