1 answer

Tourist visas for work

over 8 years ago about Fuzhou, China

Hi hope this question isn't inappropriate. I've recently graduated and applied for a job teaching English in Fuzhou.After being accepted in my first discussions with my future employer I asked about visas however this got glossed over as there were many other details discussed.4 weeks later I brought it up again and he said that as I'm so close to my start date(2 weeks) I'll have to apply for a tourist visa and then my work and residential visa when I'm out there. I'm very aware that laws around this have changed and I suspect I could be sent back from the airport yet wondered if anyone had a more in depth knowledge of this and whether it is illegal?sorry if this is a misplaced question.Mike

1 Answer

  • 0

    it is always better to have paperwork sorted before you go. I know for some places in south east asia the official laws and regulations are very vague and the way they are enforced changes every year so the information online wont be much use, and you will just need to go on a visitors visa and then figure it out when you get there. China has a more standardised immigration system from what I understand so you are best served by asking someone in Chinese immigration about it directly. about 5 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Fuzhou