1 answer

If I get either Standard or Explorer policy, can I make a claim for expenses related to my health-related preparations to go to Latin America for several months?

These expenses are specifically about: attending a travel clinic consultation (Vancouver Canada), getting vaccination and/or immunization shots, possibly getting bloodwork test done for better immunisation profiling prior to travel clinic consultation, etc.

Asked by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

1 Answer

  • 0

    Hi Jonathan,

    Thanks for you question.

    Your travel insurance is not designed to cover expenses you'd ordinarily have as part of your trip or for expenses while you're at home. So unfortunately there is no cover for your vaccinations or routine consultations.

    On the other hand, if you needed emergency medical treatment while you're travelling, then that's what travel insurance is designed for. For example: if you were bitten by a rabid dog while abroad and a doctor gave you rabies treatment shots, then this can be claimed on your insurance.

    By the way, you might find this article useful: http://safety.worldnomads.com/Worldwide/54790/Travel-Immunizations-What-You-Really-Need-in-South-America

    Hope you have an awesome trip (without any rabid animals!).

    Safe travels,
    Katrina over 6 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Canada