4 Answers

  • 0

    You need a Working Holiday Permit/Visa. This does not require you to have arranged employment before entering Canada.

    I'd recommend the resorts in Alberta and BC, but not the ones in Quebec or Ontario (skiing is better in the west).

    My favourite resort, Big White, puts this on their web page (sorry the links don't work when copied here).

    " In order to be legally entitled to work in Canada, you will need the following:

    Work Permit
    Social Insurance Number
    Criminal Record Check (we must see the original or a copy)
    Photo Identification (Government issued, i.e., passport, driver's license, etc.)

    To apply for your Canadian Work Permit, you must contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. For more information on which countries qualify please review the International Experience Canada List.

    How do I apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)? You should immediately apply for your Canadian Social Insurance Number upon your arrival in Canada. You can apply from your home country but it involves a lengthy process. To find the closest Human Resources Department of Canada office when you arrive in Canada and to understand the application process, go to: http://www.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca.

    Do I need Travel Insurance? If you are travelling overseas, you shouldn’t even think twice about getting travel insurance. Although it is not mandatory, Big White recommends you set something up before coming. If you get sick or hurt, you won’t want to be without it!

    Helpful Links:

    General Canadian Visa Information

    Holiday Work Visa information for Australia

    Holiday Work Visa information for New Zealand

    Holiday Work Visa information for the United Kingdom, Ireland and Sweden

    Holiday Work Visa information for France

    Holiday Work Visa information for Germany and the Netherlands

    Holiday Work Visa information for Japan

    Holiday Work Visa information for Belgium" over 7 years ago

  • 0

    Apply before you go because you will need proof of employment to get a visa about 6 years ago

  • 0

    Working in an international Ski Resort is totally worth all the effort it takes to get a visa! You will have the time of your life. All ski resorts offer something different. What are you looking for exactly? are you already an awesome skier looking for a challening mountain? are you new to snow sports? Most ski resorts in British Columbia are not in National parks, unlike those in Alberta which are. So you could live right on the mountain at Big White and ski home from work, and walk to the bar with your friends. While in Alberta, at Sunshine, Lake Louise, Nakiska, most workers will live in nearby towns like Banff, Canmore, or wherever there is accommodation built for workers. Also BC is warmer than Alberta "The warmer side of the Rockies" because of the influence of the Pacific Ocean. While Alberta it can be a little cooler, we get plenty of Sunshine.

    I'm very excited for you to embark on this wicked journey! any questions just ask. I'm fairly experienced. about 6 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

Answer this question

Map of Canada