3 answers

I am keen to travel overland rather than flying into Myanmar, however I am unsure if I can easily obtain a visa on the border.

Asked by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

3 Answers

  • 0

    Not sure if it was the best way, but we went across from Mae-Sai (4hrs bus ride from Chang Mai). A 15 day permit is available on the border and costs 500 Baht.

    Whole exercise took about 15 minutes. over 10 years ago

    Answered by Steve via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • +1

    The "visa on arrival" scheme was suspended on September 1st 2010, while Myanmar elections are held. The election is on November 7th. over 10 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    You can visit border towns easily. These include Myawaddy, Tachileik and Kawthaung. Sometimes, foreign visitors are allowed to travel deeper than border towns, such as Kyaington and Tavoy (Dawei), but this is variable, depending on circumstances.

    Source: http://visa2myanmar.com/travel-to-burma-by-land/ over 7 years ago

    Answered by Jennifer Ong via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of Myanmar