7 Answers

  • 0

    You would probably be better of getting your medical insurance at home.
    If you are looking for work try the backpacker hostels they have contacts with many hotels who are looking for short term bar workers you can get free accommodation and work at the same time about 9 years ago

  • 0

    Some insurance companies offer coverage overseas but not all. Mine didn't, so I bought World Nomads coverage and didn't end up needing it, thankfully. Even some companies in Australia will offer coverage. over 8 years ago

  • 0

    Depends upon where you come from. Australia has an excellent free hospital and medical service and some countries such as Great Britain, New Zealand and others are part of a reciprocal agreement and travellers are able to use them free. So check on this through the Australian Govt. Have a great trip. over 8 years ago

  • 0

    Please dont rely on the RHA (Reciprical Health Agreement) as this will really only cover you for medical emergencies in Australia. Should you require repatriation back to your home country, you will need travel insurance (or a lot of money). over 8 years ago

    Answered by LisaF via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    I,d go online and join a fund that way. iselect is a good place to start. over 8 years ago

    Answered by Smithy via Site_iconAsk a Nomad iPad app
  • 0

    How long are you going to work there?
    You may cover up to 120 days with travel insurance: https://globelink.co.uk/policy-options/aussies-and-kiwis.html about 8 years ago

    Answered by Max via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    It will be better if you get medical insurance at the time when you are in Australia. Australia is a good country and hospital provide best medical service.
    ALL the best about 8 years ago

    Answered by Eithan via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Australia