2 Answers

  • +2

    It is better to have the international license. They are really cheap to get and most automobile clubs in Australia can issue them. I've ridden quite a bit around the UK and you should be careful on the small country roads as often a tractor will pull out onto the road with little or no warning. If you buy a helmet over there it won't be able to be used back in Australia due to not having the Australian standards sticker (insurance companies won't cover you if the helmet doesn't meet the standard). almost 10 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Provided your full licence or international driving permit remains valid, you may drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes and with up to eight passenger seats. You will be able to drive for up to 12 months from the date of coming to GB. However, you may only drive large vehicles which have been registered outside GB and which you have driven into the country. almost 10 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Australia