1 answer

I'm going to Australia, I want to travel around, but I am also going to look at housing for future. I am 26, a red seal welder. My uncle lives in Queensland, said there's tons of work for welders. I also have a good friend in noosa so I'm not totally alone. What are the benefits of skilled work visa vs working holiday visa? Any experience with Australia?

Thankyou so much!

1 Answer

  • 0

    Hey Marriah. It all depends on what you want to get out of it. If you're looking to travel, work in retail, hospitality or something similar then I would say go for the working holiday visa - its cheaper, easy to obtain but does have some restrictions.

    If you want to work in your trade and also want to consider purchasing property, you should look at the skilled working visa. To my knowledge, you can't buy a property in Australia unless you're a permanent resident and the path to getting residency will be much easier if you're on a skilled working visa.

    Keep in mind that as of July 1 there were changes to the visa process here in Australia which may or may not affect whether you can apply for a skilled visa. I'd recommend taking a look here to see what type of visa you can apply for:


    Hope this helps! over 3 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of York