1 answer

I have been looking for information on travel insurance for my family to travel from the United States to Australia, all policies I look at don't include personal liability insurance for their holiday here. Using this website as an example, if I book travel insurance for someone from the USA to AUS there is no personal liability cover. However, if I change the information (person travels from AUS to USA) all the policies have personal liability cover. Just wondering if anyone has any information for why this is the case.

Asked by Paul Jones via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

1 Answer

  • 0

    Hi Paul,

    Katrina from WorldNomads.com here.

    All of the plans we offer are from different insurers. So, depending on the country of residence you choose, you will see different plans with different coverage.

    For US residents, we work with Travel Guard and they do not to include personal liability cover for the plans we offer. These plans are travel specific plans, including Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage for your trip deposits; travel delay coverage; medical expenses abroad, emergency medical evacuation and baggage coverage.

    For Australian residents, we work with certain underwriters at Lloyd's and we include Personal Liability cover as this is more common in the Australian marketplace to include this in travel insurance policies. This cover is only available under the terms of the policy if a third party sues you.

    If you have further travel insurance specific questions, please talk to our customer services team as we try to keep general travel questions here in Ask A Nomad for our travel community to answer.

    Here's how to get travel insurance specific help - we have different service teams around the world too, which also depend on the residence of the policy holder: http://service.worldnomads.com/customer/portal/articles/1132793-talk-to-us

    Hope your family enjoys their stay in Australia! almost 7 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Australia