2 answers

I would like to start off in queensland somewhere along the coast and maybe work my way around australia, but im wondering where would be the best spot for hospitality work? What is the best job site to use, and do I need travel insurance or can I get australia health coverage?

Asked by Katelyn via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

2 Answers

  • 0

    Hi Katelyn,

    Katrina from WorldNomads.com here. Your trip working around Australia sounds great!

    There is so much hospitality work available in many different areas.Take a look at these websites for some working holiday jobs:

    Travellers at Work - http://www.taw.com.au/ - they have heaps of jobs across Australia, particularly in Queensland. I am sure they can help get you started.

    The Job Shop - http://www.thejobshop.com.au/ - has an excellent range of jobs, focusing mainly in Western Australia

    The Work and Travel Company - http://www.worktravelcompany.com/ - also offer a great job placement service and specialise in setting you up with work and trips in between. They also do travel packages so you can see a bit of the country between jobs.

    Seek - http://www.seek.com.au/ - The place Australians go to find work. You'll deal with general recruitment agencies here and employers direct. I'd try the 3 working holiday companies first as they'll help place you and just keep and eye on Seek for once you're settled here.

    As for travel insurance vs health insurance: it really depends on if you'll be a permanent resident or not. (i.e the type of visa you are on) and what you want it for. If you are not a perm. resident, then you can buy expat health insurance in Australia, but you'll pay more. This will then give you access to health care in Australia. This wont give you access to repatriation or other insurance cover like travel insurance will (ie. if you get seriously injured and you need to return home for long term medical treatment).

    Travel insurance is made for non-residents, wanting emergency medical treatment and emergency medical transport (including repatriation home to your usual country of residence/citizenship if medically required). It may not cover you for medical check ups or non-urgent medical treatment and the insurer may choose to send you home for treatment / long term care. It will also cover you for a range of other benefits (depending on the plan you choose), including baggage, lost passports, cancellation / trip interruption benefits. Please do read the policy wording carefully, as this will explain the coverage in full about 8 years ago

  • 0

    You might consider a combination of travel insurance and health care, just until you're settled as a permanent resident. You don't mention where you live now, however you can take a look at our plans to see if they suite you: http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/prices-and-benefits.aspx

    Safe travels,
    Katrina about 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Queensland