1 answer

I am planning to cycle around australia with my boyfriend. We would love to work, even fruit picking, but can't seem to figure out how to get a visa due to our age....Bummer. We are fit and hard working!

1 Answer

  • 0

    Denise, sorry but the working visa is available ONLY to those 18 to 30 (although you can get it up to the day before your 31st birthday). After the age of 30 you need to be sponsored by an employer, which ties you down to a location). I am not encouraging illegal behaviour, and be warned that if you do work without a visa and get caught you will spend some time in a very uncomfortable detention centre prior to your compulsory return to your own country, and you'll get stiffed with the airline ticket. If (and again I don't encourage it) you work illegally and don not get caught you'll still have to declare yourself an "illegal immigrant" at the time of your departure. You will be banned from returning to Australia for a period, and the adverse finding may be used against you if you apply at a later date to come back again.
    As for "cycling around Australia" - you understand that it's really, really big, right? Towns can be hundreds of kilometres apart, with nothing in between, in some areas.
    Have a read of this: http://journals.worldnomads.com/safetyhub/story/69474/Australia/Driving-Across-Australia
    perhaps a shorter vist, several of them over a few years, is the best way to explore this country's magnificent environment and people.
    Phil from the safety hub. over 8 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of Australia