3 answers

I'm in the process of emigrating from Australia to the UK and decided to do some travelin' and adventurin' in between destinations. I took out comprehensive travel insurance (with Mondial via Medibank) but have recently discovered that it is not valid if I don't return to Australia within the period of coverage. Is anyone else aware of this, and does anyone know of insurance companies that will cover one-way trips?
I found a few companies online, but they were all for UK residents.

Asked by richard maddock richard maddock via Site_iconTravellr.com

3 Answers

  • 0

    I've purchased travel insurance a number of time from suresave.net.au
    although you could check online for their particular policy details. almost 12 years ago

    Answered by Ian C via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    I usually take out the travel inurance from the webjet.com.au . Its cheap and has no exccess on claims. However, when we lived in China we bought http://www.WorldNomads.com insurance because it was so flexible. The period of coverage ends at the expiry date or when you return home, if earlier.
    You can also extend the period while you are still travelling and stay away longer! They also seem to be flexible as my partner wanted to go home for a wedding and not have the insurance cancelled. When contacted they agreed to continue the cover.

    It's http://www.worldnomads.com almost 12 years ago

    Answered by Greg Curtis via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Perhaps you didn't search enough :)
    http://www.travelprotecta.com cover one way trips up to 17 days. And seems like they are not expensive... about 8 years ago

    Answered by Lime via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of Australia