3 Answers

  • 0

    Josh, I've been to Cambodia in February. It was fun riding a motorbike and then taking a break to ride a tuk-tuk. Keep in mind that the gas/petro is stored in empty Pepsi or Coke glass.

    Wish I was there again...friendly people, interesting food, and almost everything is negotiable. Don't bring too many T-shirts as you can buy some high quality ones for like 3 or 4 for $2. Remember, their average monthly wage is about $23 a month.

    Knight about 9 years ago

  • 0

    Proper licensing will be a problem. In Cambodia, China and Vietnam you need a valid local license to ride legally. This can be done fairly easily if you don't mind the best part of a day spent lost in bureaucracy, and costs about $US50. You will need an International Drivers permit as well as your home country license to obtain the visitor/temporary license in those countries.
    I now lots of people ride without a valid license and just pay the bribe to the cop, but in Cambodia they occasionally do confiscate motorcycles from unlicensed visitors (you can buy it back from them at the police station!).
    However, if you are riding without a valid and legal license and you have an accident and are injured, you might run into trouble with your travel insurance (they cannot insure you for illegal activity). about 9 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Wow thanks for the reply I wouldn't have known otherwise! Would I be able to get all the local licenses at once back here in Australia or do you get them at the respective countries? Thanks! about 9 years ago

Answer this question

Map of Asia