I am going to SE Asia this May. Got a great deal on a flight. Flying into HCMC and out of Bangkok. I have very limited time unfortunately. Ideally I'd like to go for 2 months but I only have exactly 4 weeks. I do know I will be rushed but could anyway help me on an itinerary?
I know I am flying into HCMC, Vietnam and arriving may 2nd and leaving Bangkok May 30th.
I would like to visit Phnom Pehn, Siem Reap Chiang mai, and maybe some islands. I don't need to see much of Vietnam. Only going there because of the deal I got.
It sucks that it will be rushed and I'll only be able to spend a few days in each place. But oh well..better than nothing. Could someone help me so I can make the most out of my time and enjoyment?
Micheal, go into trip advisor and ask the same question but split it into relevant forum messages. You'll get some really good information. Have a nice trip. We're just on our last days having spent 7 weeks in Asia but not where you're going. over 4 years ago
Well. If I had only 4 weeks:
- explore HCMC for a couple of days
- explore a Mekong delta town like Cantho
- I'd explore more of Vietnam myself, but if you aren't that fussed, fly to Hanoi and consider a trip up to Sapa.
- fly to Luang Prabang in Laos
- you've got to try to see Angkor Wat in Cambodia but PP is very missable.
- I'd skip the Thai islands of the south as they were nice enough 30 years ago but are now well over-rated. If you want islands, try Ko Chang on the Burmese border. over 4 years ago