1 answer

Hi all!
My partner and I will be travelling to many countries in one year from Sydney Australia to Brazil, Peru, Miami, Las Vegas, LA, SF, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Iceland, Europe (possibly Egypt) China, Japan & Thailand... and I am wondering if you need these days to carry with you a transformer or converters with you so our phones, laptop, cameras dont blow up ... your help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Asked by Julie Moya via Site_iconTravellr.com

1 Answer

  • +1

    I suggest you check first the voltage requirements of the portable devices you plan to bring. Most are already auto volt and can run on a wide range of voltage inputs usually 100v-240v. If so then you will save weight and space for a transformer, which are usually heavy! But definitely you will need several adaptors for the electrical sockets of the different countries you will visit.. Bon voyage! over 8 years ago

    Answered by AJ via Site_iconAsk a Nomad iPad app
    • Hi AJ, thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it! I found this really good adapter that will work in 4 different continents which is would be great for the space and weight .. Thanks again AJ :) Julie Moya over 8 years ago

Answer this question

Map of World