2 Answers

  • 0

    oooh good question! There are 2 ways to ride legally in Bali; obtain an International Driving Permit at home, or sit a written and practical driving test in Denpasar.
    The IDP is NOT a license of it's own right, it is a permit in several languages which attests that you are licensed to drive/ride a particular class of vehicle at home. It might be worth asking at the NRMA/RAC when you apply, but I don't see any reason why the IDP would not give you the same rights as at home, ie the learner conditions.
    However if you want to be really sure, sit the test in Denpasar. It's a bit of a hassle and boring, but at least then you'll have a valid "full" tourist license. about 9 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    If you're going to live there, then Phil is spot on.

    If you're going there on a holiday and want to rent a bike for few days, then the rental shop doesn't really care. As for the traffic police, just don't get into a serious accident. Everything else can be settled eventually. about 9 years ago

Answer this question

Map of World