2 answers

I want to know which insurance companies could cover my trip.

Asked by Pedro O via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

2 Answers

  • 0

    Yes, you're qualified as a UK resident if you're living there legally - be it for study and/or for work. over 9 years ago

    Answered by Peter Loh via Site_iconTravellr.com
    • Peter - all travel insurance policies classify this differently. Pedro - you should look at the policy wording carefully and make sure that the definition of legal, permanant resident applies to you. See more detail below. Katrina Greeves over 9 years ago
  • 0

    Hi Pedro, Katrina from WorldNomads.com here.

    To answer this question, you really should consider where you can receive long term medical care and where you'd rather be send home “repatriated” in the event of a medical emergency (if the insurer decides this is best).

    You must also be legally defined as a permanent resident (not temporary) of that country and have a residential address that you can refer to within that country.

    For WorldNomads.com to buy a policy as a UK resident, you must meet the following conditions :
    1.If you are in the UK when purchasing the policy, you must have a permanent residential address in the United Kingdom and unrestricted right of entry to the United Kingdom.
    2. If purchasing the policy and not currently in the UK (i.e trip has already commenced) you must be a British Citizen defined as: A UK Passport Holder which describes the holder as a British citizen or citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, who has a permanent residential address in the United Kingdom and unrestricted right of entry to the United Kingdom.
    3. if you buy a UK resident policy, you are not covered for expenses in the UK.

    Residents of over 150 countries can buy a WorldNomads.com policy while away from home.

    Pedro, you may wish to consider buying a policy for your (original) country of residence to cover you for expenses in the UK and if you take a trip out of the UK. Again, your policy then won’t cover you for expenses within your country of residence.

    Have a great time studying/working in the UK, and do contact our Customer Services team if you'd like to clarify what we cover specifically for you http://worldnomads.com/members/memberscontactus.aspx over 9 years ago

Answer this question

Map of World